Handle Your Candle
Burning a candle seems simple. Get a candle, light the wick, and enjoy! However, a few simple steps will help you safely enjoy your Pour & Penchant 3-wick scented candles and maximize fragrance diffusion.
- Burn candles in a well ventilated room. Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, fans or air currents.
- Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Trimming the wicks will ensure the flame does not get too large. It will also optimize burn time and maximize fragrance diffusion. Trimmed wicks make for a cleaner burn with less smoky residue.
- Let the wax melt across the surface.The first time you light your candle, let it burn four consecutive hours allowing the wax to pool across the surface before extinguishing the flame. The act of burning a candle four straight hours creates a burn cycle. Next time you light your candle, it will remember the previous burn cycle and the wax pool will extend across the surface of the candle filling your room with fragrance. Our triple wick candles are designed to create an even wax pool across the surface of the candle for each burn cycle.
- Never burn a candle near anything that can catch fire. Keep all objects, including matches and trimmings, out of the candle.
- Keep candles and matches out of the reach of children. Position candles away from flammable gases or liquids. Make sure candles are placed on stable, uncluttered surfaces that are resistant to heat.
- Allow your candle to cool before relighting.
- Always handle your candle with care.