An all-natural scented candle is typically made from natural ingredients such as plant-based waxes like soy wax, beeswax, or coconut wax and scented with essential oils or natural fragrances.
Here are the basic steps in making an all-natural scented candle:
- Melt the wax: The first step is to melt the wax in a double boiler. This involves placing a pot with the wax into another pot filled with boiling water. This helps to melt the wax evenly and prevent it from burning.
- Add natural fragrances: Once the wax has melted, essential oils or natural fragrances can be added to the wax. These fragrances are typically derived from plants, flowers, or herbs and are added to the melted wax to give the candle its scent.
- Pour the wax: Once the fragrance has been added, the melted wax can be poured into a candle mold or container. The wick is then placed in the center of the wax and held in place until the wax solidifies.
- Let the candle cool: Once the wax has solidified, the candle can be left to cool and harden. This process can take several hours, depending on the size of the candle.
- Trim the wick: Once the candle has cooled and hardened, the wick can be trimmed to the desired length. This helps to ensure that the candle burns evenly and doesn't produce excess smoke or soot.
An all-natural scented candle can be a great way to add a pleasant scent to your home while avoiding the potentially harmful chemicals found in many conventional candles.
We take great care in hand pouring our candles in our Buffalo, NY studio.